Repair of Kenwood FP481 Food Processor

This is a follow up to my previous post.

Thanks to need a part, I got the spare parts I needed to repair the food processor. The price was enough to make me wince! : Upper drive belt $19.95, Upper cog $18.95, P&P $7, (+ Hand Blender geared lid $19.95).  But a combination of bloodymindedness and marginally OK economics meant I went ahead with this anyway.

IMG_20151218_114342777
Out with the old and in with the new.

The drive belt is a direct replacement, but the toothed pulley is made for a shaft with 2 flats on it.

IMG_20151218_114503773
Old pulley used nut to stop it spinning.

The new pulley lacks the square nut cage, so I can’t just drill it out for the round shaft.  I’ll grind the shaft down instead.

Success!

Now lets see if I can remember how this all goes back together.

IMG_20151219_121344037
Reattach the motor to the top plate
IMG_20151219_121532634
Attach the interlock mechanism
IMG_20151219_121908306
And the interlock circuit board

Then reattach the on/off/speed/pulse switch.

IMG_20151219_122220106
Done!

The final step is to put the bottom of the case back on and I’m back in business.

Success!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s